Social Media is constantly evolving and changing and it is hard to keep up with it. This article from Buffer is very eye opening and will help you recalibrate your social strategy.
Here are just the key 10 points to tickle your interest:
The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket
- 189 million of facebook’s users are “mobile only”
- YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- Every second two new members join LinkedIn
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the No.1 activity on the web
- LinkedIn has a lower percentage of active users than Pinterest, Google+, Twitter and Facebook
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- 25% of smartphone owners ages 18–44 say they can’t recall the last time their smartphone wasn’t next to them
- Even though 62% of marketers blog or plan to blog in 2013, only 9% of US marketing companies employ a full-time blogger
- 25% of Facebook users don’t bother with privacy settings
Read the full description of each point and the article at Buffer. You will find it very helpful.
Image Credit: mkhmarketing