After reading tons of articles and blog posts that praise social media marketing you want to know if there is actually proofs and hard numbers to backup all those claims?
Social Media Examiner recently released its 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, which set out to uncover the “who, what, where, when, and why” of social media marketing. More that 3,000 marketers were surveyed, and their responses provide valuable insights into the benefits of social media marketing.
Wishpond, a maker of online marketing tools, created an infographic that nicely illustrates the study’s results. If you need to convince decision makers in your company that they should give social media marketing a try, keep this image on hand.
Here are the top benefits that companies are seeing from social media marketing:
- 89% of respondents said that social media marketing has generated more business exposure
- 64% saw lead generation increase by using social media 6 hours or less per day
- 69% of marketers use social media to gather marketplace intelligence
- 62% of marketers using social media for 2+ years reported a rise in search engine rankings
- 62% of businesses with 10 employees or less reported that social media has reduced marketing expenses